Looks great! 8)

Well spotted :lol:

Who's tha chimp?

Jakey off the UK FS1e site
Flika
100km gereden
100km gereden

Bericht door Flika »

Well I'd love to say it started first kick but unfortunately not but with a chain and a bit of pushing up she came, sounds very nice and revs up like a beast but very very lean, so much so it wanted choke for about 20 mins before it would run without and even then was very fluffy and flat but pull out the choke and bam revs right up instantly. Strange thing is I thought I'd set up the ignition as per HPi instructions but needed to advance it a long way to make it run nice, now I've run out of adjustment so need to remove the rotor and re-position it and start again. I think the rotor (which has no key way) must have moved when I tightened it we'll see on Monday. Smokey pics for ya.

Afbeelding

Afbeelding
Flika
100km gereden
100km gereden

Bericht door Flika »

I spotted this nearly new 21mm Delorto on Eblag at Christmas and although it's 1mm bigger internally it's only about half the size externally so with a bit of messing around I can get it pretty much behind the original casing, and luckily it fits straight on the tube where the YB one came off.

Afbeelding

There was no way that even with uprated springs and the thinnest oil the clutch was going to hold and luckily 50cctuning has developed a 3 plate conversion which is a real result and works great. Markg is running one to now.

Afbeelding

The Dellorto was somewhere near but the power curve was way wrong still so I loaded the ped up and hit the road to doncaster with Jakey as co-pilot, Darrell soon ironed out the bugs and we hit 11.2bhp with the aid of a different pipe which also had the added bonus of flattening out the torque curve and wideninig the powerband. I was really after 12hp but there are a few tweaks I can make and should get there next time.

Afbeelding

This pipe known as the V2, here in action

Afbeelding

I decided that to ensure the new exhaust was mounted perfectly on the cylinder I would spigot mount it and make some kind of rebate so the tube sat inside the end of the port to aid with this. Having no access to milling machines or the like I looked outside the box and came up with this idea, grinding burr in the Demel and a washer to act as a stop.

Afbeelding
Flika
100km gereden
100km gereden

Bericht door Flika »

Worked a treat as well, for a change.

Afbeelding

Not a very good pic of it but you can just see the tube which is inserted 15mm into the cylinder. i pulled a couple of coils out from the inside of the exhaust ring so it now sits on the tube and ground out a repair washer to braze on to make the stop, I'll now have a downpipe that fits exactly right on the cylinder and a gas tight seal hopefully.

Afbeelding

Here's the V2 pipe as it come's absolutely no chance of getting it on a Fizz without mods.

Afbeelding

Here again after some heating and bending and more than a little cutting and shutting, now I'm exhausted. :-/ :P Still in desperate need of some grinding.

Afbeelding
Laatst gewijzigd door Flika op 10 feb 2009, 01:59, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
YamaSam
10000km gereden
10000km gereden
Contacteer:

Bericht door YamaSam »

have got sound footage of the tests? :shock:

can't wait for my first readout :D
when men were men, and helmets were for divers
Tombo
17500km gereden
17500km gereden

Bericht door Tombo »

Holy crap, almost 12 hp!! Maybe the fastest fizzy in europe?
Flika
100km gereden
100km gereden

Bericht door Flika »

I'm confident it'll make over 12hp next time,we'll see. :wink:
Niels
Site Admin
Site Admin

Bericht door Niels »

Wow! Really nice performance!! 8)
I am also anxious to hear it :shock:
brake-dust

Bericht door brake-dust »

i recon 14 is achieveable, just a case of playing
Flika
100km gereden
100km gereden

Bericht door Flika »

The V2 pipe has an inherrant problem (apparently) of the stinger breaking off and this one had been repaired and reinforced with some angle steel, functional but looked pooh, I figured there must be a way of making the strengtheners so that they looked good, I came up with this. I made a couple of templates from card and cut these little fillet pieces from 3mm steel, and drilled them out for a massive weight saving :blink:

Afbeelding

I then welded them on like so and I like the result, hopefully tomorrow will see an exhaust downpipe and castle nut turn up in the post and I can make some brackets and finsh the exhaust off.

Afbeelding
mpro09
10000km gereden
10000km gereden
Contacteer:

Bericht door mpro09 »

:baas:
rise and shine
7500km gereden
7500km gereden
Contacteer:

Bericht door rise and shine »

je valt in de herhaling
Yamaha rd50m
7500km gereden
7500km gereden

Bericht door Yamaha rd50m »

rise and shine schreef:je valt in de herhaling

you fall in repeat 8)
Yamaha, Flandria (x2), Honda (x2), Malaguti, MV Agusta, Negrini, Peugeot, Kreidler, Mobylette, Royal Nord, Otus, Superia
rise and shine
7500km gereden
7500km gereden
Contacteer:

Bericht door rise and shine »

Yamaha rd50m schreef:
rise and shine schreef:je valt in de herhaling

you fall in repeat 8)

met je steenkolen engels :mrgreen:

Looks good though
PD
1250km gereden